Title: Bartender Degree: NA Job Types: Liquor Clerk
Date: 07/26/2018 Salary: Hourly Wage & Tips Location: Chicago, IL
Your role includes interacting with and serving customers in a friendly enviroment. Maintain and keep bar area and displays clean, neat, and organized, so that encourages our customers to return. You will keep a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service and maintaining a great attitude. Following all Alcohol sales and rules established by local, state, and federal entities.
- Greet every customer immediately and provide undivided attention. Follow through on all Customer questions and requests, while demonstrating a passion for food and beverage.
- Verify that all patrons are 21 years old minimum by carding ALL.
- Collect money for drinks served
- Process customer payments
- Record your tips daily for IRS reporting and payroll purposes.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading them to stop drinking, applying Go/No Go rules, calling taxis or other modes of transportation.
- Enforce rules and regulations.
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain behavior to maintain a positive work environment.
- General housekeeping in the department; cleans and sanitizes work area in a safe and proper manner (including tables, floors, walls, cases, coolers, etc…)
- Stock bar with liquor and any related supplies.
- Serve wine and bottled or draft beer.
- Support Company Programs.
- It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Assist in stocking and working of liquor department as needed.Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred.
- Maintain a valid Illinois BASSET License or the equivalent. Must provide documentation.
- Ability to handle changing sitiuations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers in a clear service – oriented manner. Which includes making decisions on serving alcohol or not serving in situations.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn about products.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public.
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, able to carry on a conversation in a professional manner.
- Stocking shelves, ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull 60-100 pounds when processing liquor orders.
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)