If you are a high energy individual who wants to be part of an industry retail leader for over 50 years in Chicago, then we are looking for you at Treasure Island Foods, America's Most European Supermarket! Treasure Island Foods has made shopping an experience through our Committed, Friendly and Knowledgeable Team Members who support the Treasure Island Foods Brand.
We are looking for the right individuals who want to make customers smile, learn and teach about different kinds of food, and who enjoy helping customers every day. If that describes you, keep reading and apply to our Team. The Cook Team Member performs a series of duties including but not limited to: deli clerk, prepare food, grab and go products, hot foods station, and preparing sauces, follows directions and reports to the Kitchen Manager.
- Everybody does Everything
- Smile and greet every customer enthusiastically, and answer their questions by being helpful
- Proven cooking experience - prep, line cook, catering are great experiences that will apply
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends
- Illinois Food Handler's License
- This position could be in prep, hot bar or deli
- Work as a team
- This job posting is the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, and pulling
- Good knife skills, meat slicer, and great sense of urgency
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.)
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)