- Conducts monthly production and safety meetings.
- Participates in all internal and external audits.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to customer specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines to meet product specifications.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes department production and assist workers with resolutions.
- Maintains time and production records. This includes, but is not limited to, all related variance, labor, and production reports.
- Consistently evaluates department ( Grocery, Dairy and Frozen) to ensure that final product is meeting customer requirements.
- Recommends changes in written format to update internal related paperwork.
- Verifies and inspects proper material usage.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Coordinates inspection, operation, maintenance, and sanitation of all related work areas. * Supervises the department function and processes.
- Supervises department for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Oversees the work activities and professional training and development of 25-70 direct reports. * Works with Coordinator to attain goals, carry out strategies, plans, and policies to increase profitability and success of the Company.
- Implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Assists in developing and carrying out department’s goals, objectives, and systems.
- Conducts interviews, appraisal performances, and disciplinary meetings including terminations.
- Approves payroll and amends for hourly employees.
- Fills out appropriate paperwork if necessary, termination, replacement, performance evaluations, accident reports, vacation requests, and counseling forms.
- Monitors employee’s adherence to company rules and policies and takes necessary corrective action if needed.
- Assists in reviewing and maintaining crewing levels and optimizing to meet or surpass NPF cost targets.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Follows all company policies & procedures
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management. * Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience: Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Retail grocery preferred but not required
- Ability to Manage multi-unit
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)