- BS in Accounting and/or Finance or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Experience on accounting software preferably Mass/Sage
- Experience in tax, accounting, and finance
- Advanced skills in Excel
Communication and Cognitive Abilities
- Well versed in managing a team of multiple departments ensuring each department is meeting deadlines, working as a team, and completing their work accurately and efficiently
- Effective communicator and delegator
- Flexible and ability to adapts to changing priorities quickly
- Capable to handle multiple tasks with strong organization and time managements skills
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance; detail-orientation is a MUST
- Effective collaboration with proven process improvement skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Additional Controller Skills and Qualifications:
- Managing Processes, Developing Standards, Audit, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)