- In charge of purchasing and selecting products to be place on the shelves for all 7 locations
- In charge in assuring the departments are fully stocked and well visualized the goal for the department.
- Communicate and manage the vision of the organization/department and business needs to team and provide timely updates and information to team and team leaders.
- Research business and marketplace trends, analyze competitor products and customer needs to increase the company’s share of total market.
- Draw wise conclusions from financial reports and analysis. Understand critical issues and the patterns, trends and root causes.
- Partner with all levels to form and train merchandising team as the needs of the business dictate including Store Manages/Team member and Other buyers
- Manage financials including open-to-buy planning and total profit and loss in all areas of responsibility, includes managing pricing, inventory control, net margin, vendor profitability and total profitability.
- Prepare and develop, plan and implement pricing strategies.
- Manage the entire cycle of a product’s trend curve by making effective tactical and strategic merchandising and marketing decisions.
- Strategically and appropriately plan and execute product assortment and manage the process of product evaluation and selection.
- Maintain strong partnerships with existing vendors and proactively source new vendors/suppliers.
- Troubleshoot irregularities with vendors and manage negotiations on key issues that include availability of new product, distribution of merchandise, timely deliveries, RTVs and vendor allowances.
- 7 years of retail buying experience
- Experience managing and working with multiple vendors
- Experience managing/planning in retail business
- Experience in logistics a plus
- Able to lift 50lbs to assist department manager to organize and merchandise products
- Demonstrated expert level skills and knowledge required in negotiating, measuring key performance indicators and financial analysis, including Retail math
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel and Outlook
- Appreciated previous titles: Buyer, Senior Merchandiser, Senior Buyer, Purchaser, Purchasing Manager
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)