This dual graphic design/marketing manager role is responsible for Treasure Island Foods’ marketing/creative design from start to finish including designing marketing/branding assets.
Individual must be comfortable working in a “startup” like environment with minimal direction and be a self-starter with a proactive approach. Individual must be highly capable of working with colleagues across different disciplines to create marketing strategies and creative assets to help drive sales of individual departments and items. The other disciplines the role will partner with include: buying team, executive team, store managers, outside community organizations, outside advertising agency, among others. Professional communication/email etiquette is a must for this position.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with key partners in operations to create solid marketing plans and serve as the primary point of contact for many of the properties
- Work with outside print vendors to gather printing quotes and manage the process from releasing the file to printer, to reviewing proofs with key stakeholders and securing final approval to print.
- Drive strategy and plan and execute marketing initiatives for campaigns in partnership with Operations
- Manage/track marketing budget and spend
- Manage brand promotions to drive sales
- Oversee weekly circular development with store buyers
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic team player with great collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal leadership, organizational, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Experience with retail marketing, preferably B2C
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a complex, service-intensive, deadline driven environment
- Extremely detailed oriented while juggling multiple projects and many stakeholders
- Extremely organized, with ability to prioritize, organize and timely follow up
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- An eye for visual design, understanding of importance of adhering to brand style guidelines, and strong ability to envision what others can’t
- Effectively lead with past experience in supervision and project management
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings, and interact with all levels within the organization
- Strong collaborator and experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strength in all Microsoft Office products including; PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Email strategies
- Must be able to show proven results from past employment opportunities
- Position requires some travel for industry events and meetings
- Passionate and enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related major is preferred
- 2-4 years of related work experience, preferably in the Retail/Grocery industry, but any retail accepted
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)