Bakery Managers are responsible for managing daily operations in the department. Includes but not limited to:
- Everybody does everything. Must be able to lead by example
- Inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards.
- Must follow the Company sales and production planning standards and will ensure that the bakery department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan. They will plan and order according to work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Must ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision and will ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays.
- Greet every customer immediate and undivided attention that walks into the department. Follow through on all Customer questions and requests, while demonstrating a passion for food
- Show great knowledge in Bakery products and able to articulate how the products is prepared
- Be familiar with weekly ad items
- Model behavior to maintain a positive work environment
- General housekeeping in the department; cleans and sanitizes work area in a safe and proper manner (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.)
- Support Company Programs
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Ability to handle changing situations
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers in a clear service-oriented manner
- Must have at least 1 year experience in similar Bakery environment
- Must have at least 1 year experience in Managerial or leadership role
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Commitment to work 40-45 hour work week to meet the department demand
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, and pulling
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must pass Physical Test.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in bakery department operations.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in Manager or leadership role
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)