Your role will include outstanding customer experience through great customer service. Maintain an attractive Customer Service displays and keep a safe clean environment that encourages our customers to return. You will keep a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and an efficient attitude.
- Everybody does everything
- Greet every customer immediate and undivided attention that walks into the department. Follow through on all Customer questions and requests, while demonstrating a passion for food
- Assists supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines; help to reduce waiting time
- Follow proper procedure for customer check out, handling of tenders, sales of alcoholic beverages and use of PLUs and UPCs
- Be familiar with weekly ad items
- Follow all cash handling procedures
- Model behavior to maintain a positive work environment
- General housekeeping in the department; cleans and sanitizes work area in a safe and proper manner (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.)
- Must be able to work individually and as part of team
- Support Company Programs
- This job posting the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Ability to handle changing situations
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers in a clear service-oriented manner
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to learn about products
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to learn/memorize produce codes
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, and pulling
Treasure Island Foods
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remain a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and North Shore suburbs of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organics and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA and Europe each year to find the "new things" and the best quality items available.
Company Website: www.tifoods.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)